20 hours per week
Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
The Swim Instructor is responsible for the direct leadership, proper instruction and motivation for students in swimming classes; helping to increase skill and safety in and around water. The incumbent accepts and demonstrates the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent, preferred, ongoing training provided in-house.
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- First Aid Certification.
- Instruct swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers students and parents to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.