Youth & Family Director – Full Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, and Family YMCA Membership
Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Youth & Family Director at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent oversees and manages our youth, adult and family programming as well as special events.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Two or more years of program management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification required within 30 days of employment.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop schedule and direct assigned staff and volunteers. Evaluate staff performance and develop strategies to keep staff motivated.
- Oversee, manage implement youth & adult sports programs, special events, birthday parties, and Youth & Family (including KidQuarium and Preschool).
- Direct, coordinate, officiate, coach, teach and supervise youth, teen, adult sports, youth & family program activities to adhere to the YMCA Core Values and incorporate character development in all program activities.
- Coordinate facility usage for program activities and events and maintain up-to-date facility schedules. Transport and set-up equipment for programs, games & practices.
- Maintain program areas in regards to equipment, safety, inventory and cleanliness.
- Organize and conduct parent orientation meetings as well as training for coaches and instructors. Serve as a liaison between coaches, program participants and parents.
- Identify and recruit individuals and organizations willing to offer programs and services for special events.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Organize and conduct sports clinics, camps and special community events.
- Establish collaborative relationships with community organizations to create partnerships throughout Butler County.
- Actively participate in YMCA events and activities and adhere to the YMCA Core Values.
- Monitor and evaluate program statistics for their effectiveness and program participation.
- Maintain up-to-date participant, volunteer and program records.
- Assume responsibility as a Manager on Duty on a rotating schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Work schedule will include daytime, evening and weekend hours and ability to travel to all program activity and training sites.