Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Yoga Instructor at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent instructs group yoga classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels. Effectively builds community within the class.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, nationally recognized provider in Group Fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification.
- Yoga Certification by a nationally recognized provider.
- Healthy Living Online Certification completion within 60 days of hire.
- At least one year of experience teaching indoor cycling classes preferred.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Lead energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Ask and answer questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Observe and adjust approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Celebrate achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.