Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Sports Aide at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the development, organization and implementation of high quality sports and recreational programs for youth, teens and adults.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Minimum age of 16.
- Minimum 1 year of sports related experience.
- Sports officiating/coaching experience preferred.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification required within 30 days of employment.
- Mature judgement and sound decision-making skills a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Implement and supervise program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values and objectives.
- Motivate and direct program participants, parents, staff and volunteers; be a team player.
- Officiate, coach and supervise sport programs as required.
- Maintain up-to-date participant, volunteer and program records (rosters, attendance and scorebooks).
- Develop and maintain positive relations with children, parents and other staff. Model relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Enforce the rules of behavior expectations of the area.
- Maintain program areas and adhere to program standards in regards to equipment, storage, safety and cleanliness.
- Ensure program areas are set-up in accordance to facility schedules and the necessary layout for respective sport.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.