Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Registered Dietitian at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will be responsible for providing direct nutritional services for individuals and small groups. These services include but are not limited to nutrition assessments, meal planning specific to chronic disease prevention/management, weight loss, and to promote health and nutrition education program development.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics or related field.
- Currently certified as a Registered Dietitian.
- Experienced presenter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Provide education to class participants in effective, meaningful and compelling ways.
- Coach YMCA members through our Chronic Disease & Weight Loss Programming and provide appropriate dietary information to members.
- Assess participant’s nutritional needs; develop and implement nutritional programs that educate the client.
- Accurately maintain records and evaluate effectiveness of services and programs.
- Promote the availability of nutritional services and programs throughout the YMCA.
- Make learning a shared responsibility for the group.
- Be accessible to participants both before & after sessions to answer questions and follow up with participants.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
The Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA offers more than just a job; we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting, positive difference in your community. Discover your passion at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA.
Apply online for an amazing career opportunity, sharing your talents, passion, and values with the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA community!