Membership Director – Full Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, Subsidized Child Care, Generous Paid Time-Off, Free Family YMCA Membership and Employee Appreciation Activities.
Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all membership retention and sales activities to achieve stated goals, including increase member satisfaction, reduce member terminations and improve new member acquisition rates. These goals will be achieved by working collaboratively with key staff and through creative thinking, diligence as it relates to data and reporting, and a positive, upbeat attitude towards achieving Association goals.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7-10 years successful customer relationship and staff management work experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills coupled with critical thinking.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting membership data trends.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities effectively and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification required within 30 days of employment.
- Member Acquisition and Recruitment
- Collaborate with key staff on building innovative acquisition strategies that are tracked and analyzed.
- Support prospective member marketing and sales plans as outlined by key staff.
- Responsible for achieving monthly new member sales goals based on approved plan.
- Leverage marketing campaign and program results to continually build stronger, more effective programs and offers to improve acquisition rates each quarter and year over year.
- Regularly interact with all Association departments, board members as required, Y members, external vendors, the press, and the community to continually articulate the Y’s unique benefits.
- Work with key staff on Corporate 25 Community Program. Identify key prospects and assist in sales meetings as required.
- Member Retention
- Work closely with branch staff to create an atmosphere that celebrates our members and makes them feel special 100% of the time.
- Work with Marketing to build effective campaigns that leverage each members unique needs, goals, and past history with the Y to increase retention and lifetime value.
- Create and leverage existing reports in our membership platform tool to assist with brainstorming and ongoing improvements/changes.
- Monitor member involvement indicators to identify low and critical members. Create plans to turn these members into Y advocates.
- Continuously ask yourself and staff, “How can we improve customer relations and customer experience” and then adjust strategic plans accordingly.
- Conduct focus groups and surveys to identify needs and member satisfaction with different member groups as well as random groups. Aggregate responses into reports and leverage this data to drive positive change.
- Lead new member orientation efforts and ongoing member events.
- Gain a solid understanding of Member Relationship Management Principles and Best Practices. Use this knowledge to improve retention rates.
- Collaborate with Development Team to increase member charitable giving across all membership types.
- Staff Management
- Recruit, hire, and develop staff in a consistent, upbeat manner so as to create a cohesive, bonded team.
- Empower staff while guiding them towards reaching agreed upon performance goals.
- Create a member experience model for all staff. Set clear expectations of how we will operate every day.
- Provide member sales and customer service training to all staff.
- Train staff to consistently put others before self while modeling a true understanding of our ‘giving back to the community’ focus.
- Work closely with long-time and entry-level staff to reiterate our organization’s culture and cause.
- Work with staff to identify and recruit member volunteers who are willing to assist with various program and/or policy needs.
- Community Involvement
- Support the Association’s mission and cause at all community events.
- Increase community awareness of our Y’s unique benefits and philanthropic focus.
- Build relationships with key community leaders and decision makers. Be involved in their causes and show commitment to the general good of the local area.
- Research and attend new community event opportunities that will provide maximum exposure for the Y.
- Administrative and Safety
- Participate in the planning of the annual budget; manage and implement approved budget and take appropriate action to correct variances.
- Responsible for managing the Financial Assistance Policy (sponsored memberships).
- Ensure a positive and safe experience for members/staff and supervision of the proper function of the facility.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Click here to apply online.