Preschool Teacher – Part Time
Day-time Hours, Monday-Friday
Early Care and School Age Center
650 Saxonburg Road, Butler, PA 16001
November 20, 2017
The Preschool Teacher instructs and cares for children in an early learning environment, follows and implements the Creative Curriculum, and evaluates children utilizing Teaching Strategies GOLD Plus and Ages and Stages Questionnaire. STAR 4 center.
- Minimum completion of an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree or its equivalent in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field.
- 1+ years of work experience related to the care and development of children.
- Pediatric First Aid
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Implement the curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Plan, write, and implement daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervise the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Maintain required program records.
- Attend and participate in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.