Member Services Representative
Part-Time Hours Available
339 North Washington Street
Butler PA 16001
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests and program participants; contributing to member retention and recruitment.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Provides tours to prospective members and sells memberships.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Responsible for processing new members/program memberships. Able to answer questions about organization and provide accurate information in a positive and professional manner.
- Monitors visitor access by scanning membership cards, issuing one-day memberships when required and controlling unauthorized entry.
- Takes payments for services and products according to type of membership and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, collating, and maintaining adequate supplies.
- Respects and cooperates with co-workers and able to accept constructive criticism.