Member Services Representative
Daytime & Weekend Shifts Available
339 North Washington Street
Butler PA 16001
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Weekend Member Services Representative at the Butler YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering excellent service to all members, guests and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Provide excellent service to members, guests and program participants; contributing to member retention and recruitment.
- Build relationships with members; help members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Provide tours to prospective members and sells memberships.
- Handle and resolve membership concerns and inform supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Apply all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Responsible for processing new members/program memberships. Ability to answer questions about the organization and provide accurate information in a positive and professional manner.
- Monitor visitor access by scanning membership cards, issuing one-day memberships when required and controlling unauthorized entry.
- Receive payments for services and products according to type of membership and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, collating, and maintaining adequate supplies.
- Respect and cooperate with co-workers and able to accept constructive criticism.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
The Butler YMCA offers more than just a job; we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting, positive difference in your community. Discover your passion at the Butler YMCA.
Apply online for an amazing career opportunity, sharing your talents, passion, and values with the Butler YMCA community