Member Services Representative
Daytime & Weekend Shifts Available
339 North Washington Street
Butler PA 16001
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Weekend Member Services Representative at the Butler YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering excellent service to all members, guests and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Provide excellent service to members, guests and program participants; contributing to member retention and recruitment.
- Build relationships with members; help members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Provide tours to prospective members and sells memberships.
- Handle and resolve membership concerns and inform supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Apply all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Responsible for processing new members/program memberships. Ability to answer questions about the organization and provide accurate information in a positive and professional manner.
- Monitor visitor access by scanning membership cards, issuing one-day memberships when required and controlling unauthorized entry.
- Receive payments for services and products according to type of membership and YMCA policies and procedures.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, collating, and maintaining adequate supplies.
- Respect and cooperate with co-workers and able to accept constructive criticism.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
Click here to apply online.
Discover your passion at the YMCA!