Morning and Daytime shifts available
Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Daytime Lifeguard at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Minimum age of 15.
- Red Cross, YMCA or BSA Lifeguard Training required.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification required.
- Oxygen Administration certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the pool areas.
- Know/review all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintain effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Know, understand, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintain accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Perform equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Keep pool and instructional equipment organized and in its proper place.
- Check pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Perform chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
The Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA offers more than just a job; we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting, positive difference in your community. Discover your passion at the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA.
Apply online for an amazing career opportunity, sharing your talents, passion, and values with the Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA community!