Rose E Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
Responsible for providing a friendly, inviting, and supportive environment for the children in the care of the KidQuarium. Staff will maintain a safe & clean environment for both children and staff. All staff focuses on the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Experience working with children ages 6 weeks – 6 years old.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with children, parents and staff.
- Must possess mature judgement and sound decision-making skills.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with children, parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Provide supervision and care for children ranging in age from infants through 6 years old.
- Plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Assists children in finding and engaging in appropriate activities.
- Understands, and executes when necessary, all KidQuarium emergency procedures.
- Ensures that an adult signs each child in and out of KidQuarium according to established procedures.
- Follow opening and closing procedures of the KidQuarium. Inspects for areas of concern; i.e., cleanliness, damage to equipment, unsafe areas, etc.
- Enforce the rules and behavior expectations of the area.
- Monitor, interact and engage with the youth while they are using the Kids Clubhouse Indoor Playground.
- Maintain program areas and adheres to program standards in regards to equipment, storage, safety and cleanliness.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.