Wellness Center Attendant
Part-Time Hours Available
339 North Washington Street
Butler, PA 16001
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Wellness Center Attendant intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will provide excellent customer service in a safe, enjoyable and positive atmosphere that promotes member wellness.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented approach.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Coach members in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly check on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
- Answer questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with members; help members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduce new members to group exercise communities based on their health and well-being goals.
- Utilize tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
- Instruct individuals in the proper use of equipment.
- Maintain and clean equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.