Preschool Teacher – Full Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, and Free Family YMCA Membership
Butler YMCA Child Care Early Care and School Age Center
650 Saxonburg Road, Butler, PA 16002
The Preschool Teacher instructs and cares for children in an early learning environment, follows and implements the Creative Curriculum, and evaluates children utilizing Teaching Strategies GOLD Plus and Ages and Stages Questionnaire. STAR 3 center.
- Minimum completion of an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree or its equivalent in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field.
- 2+ years of work experience related to the care and development of children.
- Keystone STARS criteria.
- Pediatric First Aid.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to use technology (IPAD) for daily records and observations in the classroom.
- Implement the curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Plan, write and implement daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervise the children, classroom and all activities.
- Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Maintain required program records.
- Attend and participate in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and trainings.