Reach & Rise Program Director – Full Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, and Family YMCA Membership
Butler YMCA / Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Reach & Rise Program Director at the Butler County Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact through development and implementation of an effective mentoring program that strives to make a difference in a child’s life.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field or Licensed Mental Health Professional.
- Past experience preferred in facilitating groups and supervision of staff.
- Contract and budget management, organization management and program development skills.
- Familiarity and experience working in or with community-based agencies as well as target population.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated follow-through on tasks; multi-project/multi-task orientation.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of case management techniques and processes.
- Professional demeanor, pleasant personality and a sense of humor.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Hire, train and supervise staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Organize people and activities for efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provide accurate, timely completion and submission of all mentor/mentee-related records and documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of productivity standards and consistently maintain them.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and implement the mentee growth plans utilizing various intervention methods and techniques.
- Comply with the legal standards for mandated reporting.
- Work with all YMCA partners to ensure positive and consistent relationships.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with volunteers, families, and with staff from schools and/or community based organizations, as needed.
- Provide input as to how the mentoring program can better reflect the cultural diversity of the children and families in our region.
- Attend approved trainings as required.
- Actively participate in YMCA events and activities and adhere to the YMCA Core Values.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Work schedule will include daytime, evening and weekend hours and ability to travel to all program activity and training sites.