Preschool Early Learning Teacher – Full-Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, Subsidized Child Care, Generous Paid Time-Off, Free Family YMCA Membership and Employee Appreciation Activities.
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Preschool Early Learning Teacher at the Butler YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will be responsible for the instruction and caring of preschoolers in an early learning environment. Will follow the Creative Curriculum, and evaluate children utilizing Teaching Strategies GOLD Plus and Ages and Stages Questionnaire. STAR 4 Center.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Work experience related to the care and development of toddlers preferred.
- Keystone STARS experience a PLUS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification required within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks snd writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high -value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Implement the curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Plan, write and implement daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervise the children, classroom and all activities.
- Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Attend and participate in center wide activities, staff meetings, and trainings.
The Butler YMCA offers more than just a job; we offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting, positive difference in your community. Discover your passion at the Butler YMCA.
Apply online for an amazing career opportunity, sharing your talents, passion, and values with the Butler YMCA community