MALE AND FEMALE TRAINERS NEEDED
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Personal Trainer at the Butler YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. The incumbent will instruct, supervise and reinforce proper strength training procedures and is knowledgeable about the basic guidelines of good nutrition and behavior modifications necessary for a healthy lifestyle.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Personal Training certification through a nationally recognized provider OR a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification required within 30 days of employment.
- Group fitness certification by a nationally recognized provider or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification, preferred.
- Certification in areas of expertise, preferred.
- Healthy Living Online Certification completion within 60 days of hire.
- At least one year of personal training experience required.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Instruct participants in strength training principles, training guidelines and exercise techniques consistent with the YMCA’s training philosophies and ACSM national guidelines.
- Ask and answer questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build authentic relationships with members and help program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Observe and adjust approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health and culture.
- Celebrate achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Maintain accurate records of participants.
- Be a good role model for participants to emulate.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
Click here to apply online.
Discover your passion at the YMCA!