339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
The Personal Trainer instructs, supervises and reinforces proper strength training procedures and is knowledgeable about the basic guidelines of good nutrition and behavior modifications necessary for a healthy lifestyle.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Personal Training certification through a nationally recognized provider OR a Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science/Exercise Physiology.
- Instruct participants in strength training principles, training guidelines and exercise techniques consistent with the YMCA’s training philosophies and ACSM national guidelines.
- Ask and answer questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build authentic relationships with members and help program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Observe and adjust approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health and culture.
- Celebrate achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Maintain accurate records of participants.
- Be a good role model for participants to emulate.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
- Attend regular staff meetings and attend approved trainings as required.