Full-Time / Seasonal
339 North Washington St.
Butler, PA 16001
May 14, 2017
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day camp. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children; preferably in a day camp setting.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, camping, songs/music, theatre, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification – training will be provided.
- Supervise a group of children.
- Assist in providing a quality program, taking into consideration the needs of each child and the goals and objectives of the YMCA.
- Develop, write and implement weekly lesson plans that include the environment, movement, games, arts/crafts, science, field trips, guest speakers, and special events.
- Plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Cultivate positive relationships and maintain effective communication with parents, children and other staff.
- Ensure the safety and health of all campers through proper supervision at all times.
- Actively participate with all children and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Assist in pool supervision by monitoring around the deck area, or in the water with the campers.
- Responsible for daily record keeping.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.