Aquatic Director – Full Time
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, and Family YMCA Membership
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
The Aquatic Director develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA aquatic programs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Health & Physical Education or related field or a 4 year degree and Aquatic Experience.
- American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Certification.
- Current certification for CPR for the Professional Rescuer/First Aid/AED and Oxygen Administration.
- WSI or YMCA Swim Lesson Certification should be achieved within the first year of employment.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Directs Swim Team program and supervises swim team coach. Serves as staff representative to the Butler YMCA Aquatic Club.
- Direct and oversee the scheduling and training of YMCA Camp/ARMCO Park pool.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, swim team practices and meets.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Assists in YMCA fundraising activities and special events.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility as Manager on Duty.
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Respects and cooperates with co-workers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of Y standards.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly Board of Director meetings & regularly scheduled Program Committee meetings.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.