Aqua Zumba Instructor
339 North Washington Street
Butler, PA 16001
Instruct group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels. Effectively build community within the class. Modify class as needed to meet varied health, ability and cultural needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, national certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification.
- Certification in areas of expertise (Aqua Zumba).
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
- At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred.
- Lead energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Ask and answer questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Build effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Observe and adjust approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
- Celebrate achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.