Seasonal Position / 30-40 hours per week
341 Centerville Pike
Slippery Rock, PA 16057
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Pool Manager at ARMCO Park will be responsible for complete daily operation of the pool, including staff training, scheduling and supervision, enforcement of rules and all administrative duties. The incumbent will maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck and surrounding areas; create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience as a lifeguard.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Supervisory Experience required.
- Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Training required.
- Oxygen Administration certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, and generational backgrounds.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, training and development of all staff in a consistent, upbeat manner so as to create a cohesive, bonded team.
- Monitor daily work schedule for pool staff, help to ensure appropriate coverage for all shifts. Required to be on the schedule to guard alongside other lifeguards.
- Provide an ongoing orientation program and in-service trainings along with regular staff meetings.
- Supervise, maintain and clean pool deck, grounds, filter area, restrooms, and office/lifeguard rooms.
- Maintain constant surveillance of the pool areas; Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool areas.
- Know/review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintain accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Perform equipment checks and ensure appropriate equipment is available as needed; Keep pool and instructional equipment organized and in its proper place.
- Perform chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and take appropriate action.
- Manage concession stand to include the maintenance, operation, staffing, cleaning and ordering of appropriate supplies.
- Assist in the coordination of special activities and events as requested.
- Direct and supervise the collections of fees, prepare daily records of receipts and deposits.
Click here to apply online.
Discover your passion at the YMCA!