Position: Youth and Family Center Monitor
evening and weekend hours
Where: Butler YMCA
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
Start Date: June 1st
Responsible for the smooth operation of activities within the Youth and Family Center while promoting and demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Must be 16 years of age or older.
• Experience working with children.
• CPR/First Aid/AED Certification preferred.
1. Develop and maintain positive relations with children, parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
2. Plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
3. Follow opening and closing procedures of the center. Inspects for areas of concern; i.e., cleanliness, damage to equipment, unsafe areas etc.
4. Enforce the rules and behavior expectations of the area.
5. Maintain program areas and adheres to program standards in regards to equipment, storage, safety and cleanliness.
6. Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
7. Supervise, instruct, inspect, and secure the climbing wall and equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with all operational procedures and guidelines.