Position: Assistant Swim Coach
Monday through Thursday 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm, 2-3 days a week
Where: Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Rd, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
The Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for coaching the Swim Team in conjunction with the Head Swim Coach.
• must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• must possess a current certification in Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED and First Aid and have prior experience coaching YMCA, U.S.S. or summer league teams
1. Assists swimmers in their progression through the different skill levels.
2. Attends all practices and designated swim meets.
3. Conducts workouts (water and land) appropriate for different swimming levels that emphasize the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
4. Observes and evaluate participants to determine swimmers progress, uses good judgment in determining expectations of swimmers, and provides positive feedback to all participants.
5. Attends all required trainings.
6. Responsible for the care and safety of all children during practices and meets.78. Assists with meets.
8. Oversees “Test the Water” program to develop new swimmers and interest in the team.
9. Must be able to demonstrate all swimming strokes.