Position: Sports Aide
evening and weekend hours
Where: Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road, Cranberry Twp Pa 16066
Start Date: Summer/Fall
The Sport Aide shall be responsible for assisting in the development and administration of sport related programs. The incumbent accepts and demonstrates the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Background in Physical Education preferred
• CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
1. Plan, implement and supervise program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values and objectives.
2. Work with supervisor in marketing and promoting Sports Programs.
3. Officiate, coach, and supervise sport programs as required.
4. Maintain up-to-date participant, volunteers and program records (i.e. rosters, attendance, score books, league standings).
5. Develop and maintain positive relations with children, parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
6. Enforce the rules and behavior expectation of the area.
7. Maintain program areas and adheres to program standards in regards to equipment, storage, safety and cleanliness.
8. Ensure program areas are set up in accordance to facility schedules.
9. Conduct program evaluations as required.
10. Serve as a liaison between coaches, program participants, and parents in the absence of the Sports Director.
11. Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.