Position: Party Facilitator
evening and weekend hours
Where: Butler YMCA
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
Start Date: June 1st
The Party Facilitator shall be responsible for welcoming, assisting, interacting, and leading party participants
• The Party Facilitator must be a mature, responsible, and dependable individual with the desire to work with children and their families in a party setting.
• In addition, the Party Facilitator must be able to relate to others in a positive manner, be an astute observer, and be comfortable in enforcing the rules and behavior expectations of a party.
1. Makes sure that maintenance/building supervisor has set up the Community Rooms before party start time.
2. Welcome party participants as they arrive in the community meeting rooms.
3. Interact with party participants, especially the children. Provide relaxed age appropriate activities to the children to participate in as guests arrive such as singing songs, making balloon animals, playing a small game, etc.
4. Observes party set up and enforces the rules that must be followed for a party rental.
5. Communicates party schedule to the participants.
6. Leads the party from activity to activity throughout the duration of the rental.
7. If participants are swimming, takes party to appropriate locker room and directs participants to meet on in the aquatic center. Leads the party to the Lead Guard and assists in communicating aquatic center rules.
8. If participants are using the gymnasium, leads the party to the gymnasium and communicates gymnasium rules. Interacts with party and facilitates selected activities to the children.
9. If any accident/incident occurs, requests assistance from building supervisor at any point during rental.
10. Constantly observes participants, buildings, and activities to ensure safety and protection of participants and YMCA property.
11. Reports any damages immediately to building supervisor.
12. Before participants leave, makes sure that the room is clean.
13. Completes and signs party facilitator information report and places it in supervisor’s mailbox.
14. Notifies building supervisor and member services that the party is over.