20 hours per week, daytime/ evening and weekend hours
Where: Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
2001 Ehrman Road Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
Start Date: immediately
Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. The incumbent accepts and demonstrates the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Red Cross, YMCA or BSA Lifeguard Training required.
• CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer required.
• First Aid Certifications required.
• Oxygen Administration certification required within 30 days of hire.
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
• Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
1. Maintain constant surveillance of the pool areas.
2. Know/review all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintain effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
4. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
5. Know, understand, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
6. Maintain accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
7. Perform equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
8. Keep pool and instructional equipment organized and in its proper place.
9. Check pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
10. Perform chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
11. Perform other general maintenance functions as directed.