Housekeeping Supervisor- Full Time
Evening & Weekend Hours
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance, YMCA Retirement Plan, and Free Family YMCA Membership
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
The Housekeeping Supervisor oversees work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure effective physical cleanliness and disinfection of the facility. Must have extensive experience in housekeeping in a large-scale operation.
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least 18 years of age.
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Experience supervision, budget management and customer service.
- Working knowledge of modern cleaning methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Familiarity with personal computers helpful.
- Overall coordination of facility housekeeping, including assigning duties to personnel and inspecting work for conformances to YMCA standards of cleanliness.
- Assure security of YMCA facility during housekeeping shift hours.
- Follows maintenance manual procedures and schedules.
- Inventories stock of cleaning supplies.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service, equipment and supplies.
- Reports items needing repair to Property Director.
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage.
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner reflective of Y standards.
- Attend staff meetings & trainings.
- Ability to work with cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, paint and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.