Position: Healthy Living Director
Oversee the development, supervision, and administration of the Health and Well-Being programs at the Butler.
• Bachelor Degree
• Group Exercise Instructor Certification(s)
• Personal Training Certification (s)
• Minimum three years group exercise experience in multiple class modalities
• Minimum three years personal training experience with multiple population groups and health risks
• CPR/First Aid Certification
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1.Implement membership strategies that promote recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Organize assigned staff to support membership development and retention goals. Identify and resolve problem areas to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Conduct ongoing assessment of staff functions to determine required core competencies and skills; design and implement trainings as needed. Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff to achieve goals.
3.Instruct exercise programs for YMCA participants.
4. Provide personal training for YMCA participants.
5.Perform fitness assessments for YMCA members.
6. Develop and implement a progressive exercise program for youth, adults, older adults and those with health risks.
7. Develop and manage annual program budget.
8. Responsible for staff training and maintaining staff certification requirements. Implement a system to keep staff current in required certifications.
9. Work with supervisors in marketing and promoting Healthy Living Programs.
10. Responsible for serving as a building supervisor on a rotating schedule.
11. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations. Assist in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
12. Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
13. Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
14. Maintain up-to-date participant, volunteers and program records (i.e. rosters, attendance, payments, etc.).
15. Assist in marketing and staffing Corporate Wellness Programs throughout Butler County
16. Maintain Wellness areas in regards to equipment, safety and cleanliness.