part-time, seasonal, 20 hours per week, weekday and weekend hours
Where: Armco Park
341 Centreville Pike, Slippery Rock, PA 16057
Start Date: immediately
The Groundskeeper is to perform custodial and maintenance activities for park grounds, equipment, and facilities. Groundskeepers work under general supervision and perform most tasks with some independence, but also serve as a member of a team. The incumbent accepts and demonstrates the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
• Knowledge about the safe use and operation of equipment, tools and chemicals used in custodial work
1. Cleans buildings, pavilions and parking lots and picks up debris and litter.
2. Trims and prunes tree branches.
3. Operates and performs maintenance on power lawn mowers such as changing oil, and parts lubrication.
4. Repairs benches, playground equipment, etc.
5. Replenishes restroom and locker room supplies.
6. Cleans restrooms and locker rooms.
7. Paints building surfaces, bleachers, and picnic tables.
8. Sets up or removes folding tables, chairs, or similar objects for meetings and special events upon request.
9. Digs up ground for ditches, etc.
10. Shuts down lighting and breakers at the end of shift.
11. Monitors and reports the need for maintenance repairs to appropriate authority.
12. Eliminates safety, sanitary and/or fire hazards or reports them to appropriate authority.
13. Responds to emergency cleanups, such as spills and clogged drains, etc.
14. Safely use and apply cleaning equipment and materials.