Part-time, daylight position, Monday-Friday 20+ hours
Where: Early Care and School Age Center
650 Saxonburg rd., Butler, PA 16002
The Child Care Cook will be responsible for the planning and implementation of all kitchen-related activities.
• High School diploma
• 2 years culinary experience, serve-safe certification preferred.
1. Prepare all meals in accordance with the policies of the Child Care Food Program, Department of Public Welfare, and Department of Health.
2. Preparation of monthly menus.
3. Prepare and serve proportions of food suitable for the size and age of the children in care in accordance with the CCFP regulations.
4. Place orders for all foods and supplies as needed for approved menu.
5. Inventory all equipment and food monthly to prevent theft.
6. Ensure that all foods are stored in an adequate manner and that replacement of damaged materials is timely.
7. Maintain the kitchen area in accordance with the DPW regulations and Health Department codes, as well as in a neat and orderly manner.
8. Clean and maintain all equipment and storage areas used by the Child Care Food Program, including the stove/oven, dishwasher, refrigerators and freezers.
9. Receive additional training with regard to food service, preparation, and sanitation practices.
10. Gives direction to assistant cook and kitchen volunteers.
11. Implement all changes in the program as requested by the Child Care Administration and all Child Care Food Program Representatives.
12. Plan and prepare meals for special YMCA functions such as Program and Board meetings, Good Friday Breakfast, Membership events, and any other related functions as requested.
13. Fill all food orders for off-site child care and assist child care staff in preparing for lesson plans involving food items from the kitchen