Position: Before & After School Teacher
Flexible daytime hours Monday-Friday, before and after school
Where: Butler YMCA
339 N Washington St, Butler, PA 16001
Start Date: Immediately
Implements program curriculum for children in a school-base classroom. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in relationships among youth and within families.
• High School diploma or general educational development certification.
• 2- years work experience related to the care and development of children.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Pediatric First Aid.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
• Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
1. Assist with implementing the curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Assist with daily lesson/activity plans.
3. Supervise the children, classroom, and all activities.
4. Make ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Maintain positive relationships and effective communication with parents.
6. Maintain program site and equipment, including weekly cleaning.
7. Maintain required program records.
8. Attend and participate in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.