Position: Wellness Center Healthy Lifestyle Coach
Rose E. Schneider Family YMCA
Interacts with new and existing members to help them in achieving their health and well-being goals. Creates a welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• CPR, First Aid, AED certification within 30 days of hire date.
• Must possess certification in Foundations of YMCA Strength and Conditioning Instructor within six months of employment.
• Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
1. Coaches members in support of their desired behavior change. Regularly checks on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
2. Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
3. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduces new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
4. Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
5. May conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well-being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
6. Maintains and cleans equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
7. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.